Καλώς ήλθατε!

Καλώς ήλθατε!

Monday, 26 March 2012

GREECE OR HELLAS




I'm an authentic HELLEN female.
Proud of my past,
When I expect with pain
To bring a child of my race into life’s trail.

My generation is never ashamed.
We didn't take anything for free.
My life was always merit-based.
I take no prisoners!
I want to be and I worth it to be.

To my way of life I never imputed disgrace.
I was born through and gave birth to struggle.
Sucking the creation with solicitousness.
Absorbing the wisdom with cravingness.

From all that I've ever assimilated,
-The one inside me always bleeds-
I feel with this only I fully comported
With the immortal ancient Greek Spirit.

I don’t care what anyone  thinks
They laugh at me openly and want me
To disclaim my Ancestors! 
Simply you are wrong, world! 
You never knew me!

Through the night I hear whispers-that is!
Of Sappho of Helen and of Aspasia
of Penelope, but also of Corinthian Lahis
Of Athena as the same of Lysistrata.

Since ancient times, I'm surrounded
by the omnipotent Fellopodes, indeed!
I never was interested in them,
Although they've always flirted me, 
No matter with how precious "gifts",
They tried to persuade me.