| Anemones 1883 Annie Feray Mutrie (1826-1893 British) |
What can I say?
Life
disproves me ...
I believe
to you all
and you leave
I believe
in the supposedly
Rescuers
of Greece
Greece chases
me away
I do not have
any homeland
This one is sinking
I believe
in you, Love!
Let's perish
together but
you 're avoiding me
Together
we can win
this battle
You separate
me from you
As if our souls
were foreign
As if we have
to give elsewhere
our last fight
Do not leave!
I need a
Companion
in this battle, please!
Together we would
tolerate
the winter
and our passion
Why should
I exist as
an Anemone
on the cliff's edge
Alone
to listen to
your winds
whispering
about our loss?
If I went away
from there perhaps
I would be
more alone
Oh God!A brutal
Suspicion
is hurting me!
I think I've heard
I think I've heard
you whistling
that you suffer
close to me...