![]() |
| Edward Shahda - Syrian Artist Coronation child (a tribute to the children of Gaza), 2009, acrylic on canvas, 150x150 cm |
Αρχίζει ξαφνικά ν' ακούει
χειροκροτήματα ολούθε.
"Ποιον να χειροκροτάνε;"
"Μα προφανώς εσένα, δάσκαλε!"
του απάντησε και του'βαλε
βαθιά ως το πάτωμα μετάνοια...
"Τι τρέλες λέει;" εσκέφτηκε,
μα παρατήρησε πως κι ο λαός
αρχίζει να τον προσκυνά.
"Δεν είμαι εγώ, δεν είμαι εγώ
ο Δάσκαλός σας, ανθρώποι!
Μεγάλος ο γκουρού μα δεν κατέβηκε
ακόμα απ' το κελί. Να περιμένετε!"
"Να το πιστέψεις, σύ είσαι ο εκλεκτός του Θεού
ο κόσμος σ' αναγνώρισε, ιδού δάσκαλε!"
του'πε και πάλι ο διπλανός κι εκείνος σάστισε
"Λαέ, δεν ξεφυτρώνει ξαφνικά απ' το δενδρίλιο
ολόκληρο δεντρί - θεριό, χρειάζεται χρόνο,
αγώνα πιο σκληρό για να μεστώσει και στ' αγέρι να σταθεί"
"Λαέ, σου υπόσχομαι μια μέρα να γενώ άξιος
ετούτης της λατρείας σου, μα προς το παρόν ανάξιος!
Για πρώτο χρόνο δοκιμάζομαι μες στη μονή"
"Τι Θαύμα! Θαύμα!" εσυνεχίσαν
εκείνοι να τον προσκυνούν...
Νομίζω τελικά του 'στήσαν κι ανδριάντα...
Του δώσανε και το κλειδί της πόλης.
Το 'χει πετάξει κάπου μες στην ερημιά.
Στην πόλη δεν επάτησε ξανά ποτέ του.
Suddenly he begins to hear
applause everywhere.
" Whom are they applauding? "
he asks the neighbor.
"But obviously you, my master ! "
he replied and he bowed deeply...
" What follies does he say ? " he thought,
but he remarked that people
started to worship him.
" I'm Not, I am not
your Master, my good men!
Great guru didn't get down of
his cell yet. You must wait!"
"Believe it on not, YOU are the chosen one from God,
don't you see? People recognized you, behold Master! ",
the neighbor replied again and the man stood dazed
" Hey people! Great trees are not springing suddenly
from the sprouts, it takes time,
to fight harder, to be mature and to withstand the wind "
" Hey people! I promise you one day I'll be worthy of
your worship, but for now it's worthless!
I'm just in my period of probation in the monastery "
"What a Miracle! Miracle! ", people continued
to worship him...
I think they also erected a statue in his honor...
They gave him the golden key of the city too.
He has thrown it away somewhere amid the wilderness.
He never returned back to the city again.
Suddenly he begins to hear
applause everywhere.
" Whom are they applauding? "
he asks the neighbor.
"But obviously you, my master ! "
he replied and he bowed deeply...
" What follies does he say ? " he thought,
but he remarked that people
started to worship him.
" I'm Not, I am not
your Master, my good men!
Great guru didn't get down of
his cell yet. You must wait!"
"Believe it on not, YOU are the chosen one from God,
don't you see? People recognized you, behold Master! ",
the neighbor replied again and the man stood dazed
" Hey people! Great trees are not springing suddenly
from the sprouts, it takes time,
to fight harder, to be mature and to withstand the wind "
" Hey people! I promise you one day I'll be worthy of
your worship, but for now it's worthless!
I'm just in my period of probation in the monastery "
"What a Miracle! Miracle! ", people continued
to worship him...
I think they also erected a statue in his honor...
They gave him the golden key of the city too.
He has thrown it away somewhere amid the wilderness.
He never returned back to the city again.
