Grim companion fate!
But Thou hast waited for me ...
Waited with patience
To meet me weak!
And then Thou hast nailed me!
I do not accuse Thee;
For so long wove I
Then unravel I faithfully
As beautiful Penelope,
Daughter of the Amyclae's king
Ikarius and of Perivoia...
He was not brave yet
My Odysseus and did
Never claimed me!
Ηunkered down, he stayed at Calypso's,
That seductive nymph-witch !
And he left me to flounder
Among flirtatious suitors,
Presumptuous uncouth snails,
Who made me hate
The allurments of my body...
I stay alone enclosed up there,
In the comfortable chamber of my soul
To bewail, that I have
Been lost! That I did not wanted
To attempt a flight out of here!
Thou was preying, therefore,
For years , Thou avengeress fate!
My thirsty poor soul
To make bleed, insidiously from within...
I have said it again!
I shall not blame Thee !