Καλώς ήλθατε!

Καλώς ήλθατε!

Wednesday, 7 September 2011

LONELINESS = LOSS OR ABSENCE?

Konstantin Makovsky's oil painting Charon carries dead souls across the River Styx 1861

Title:Charon carries dead souls across the River Styx 1861
Artist:

Konstantin Makovsky
http://www.artsunlight.com/artist-NM/N-M0029-Konstantin-Makovsky/N-M0029-0036-charon-carries-dead-souls-across-the-river-styx.html



I'm here 
I exist alive
Not just as a recollection
Did I leave you ever, did I? 
What are you saying?
Memories are useless!
Think!
Some day you will give your soul away
What memories are for, then?
Memories are not worth then
Live with me now!
Or you don't really live
you just dream on!
Feel my absent
Being next to you
Breeze's blowing and stroking us
Dim view of the sea
Drops of gentle rain
On your wincing face
I drink pain from your
Full glass
Call me out and I'll come
Siamese desire 
Hands joined together
Through the gap
That separated us brutally
Please wait for me!
Every time this gap overruns us
 I shall kiss you
Am I not the one who you want?
You had possessed me
You still own me
An invisible thread binds us
Did I leave you ever, did  I? 
What are you saying? 
Only the one who'll stay behind
will need memories 
Deserted and wandering
Deprived from the last goodbye
Alone
Empty
Speechless
Who would listen to him then?
Whoever drinks from
The water of Styx
stops listening to anyone alive...